What is Skillex?
Skillex is a new, revolutionary online learning platform. Our vision is to provide the missing piece connecting education with the personal challenges of the world. We are not competing with the traditional school system, we are here to complete it. We believe that these are the three most important things that every person can do daily:
- Learning new skills and things
- Meeting new, smart friends
- Growing as a person, team, country, or society.
Skillex offers subscription access to a collection of courses focused on business, personal growth, love and relationships, health and fitness, and supporting the growth of your children.
We have identified the three most important challenges facing us today:
- Current educational methods are more than 100 years old, and little has changed in this time. We see the biggest changes in the costs of a good education. A world-class MBA degree costs $200,000. The cost of education is growing faster than the consumer price index, which means even fewer people will have access to a good educationin the future.
- Skills that we are learning today are not needed tomorrow. Machines are taking over our jobs, including the jobs of clerks, factory workers, farmers, financial and data analysts, and taxi drivers will be lost in the next ten years. We need to learn the skills that will be valued not only today, but also tomorrow.
- Free information is not free, it is very expensive. We are living in times with free information (found via Google, YouTube, Facebook etc.) and self-declared experts. If you want to learn a new skill, you can never be sure if an online expert is actually what they claim to be. Figuring this out on your own takes up a significant amount of your time – and time is money.
Why is Skillex unique?
- We focus specifically on timeless skills that will still be of value tomorrow. For that, we have developed 5 + 1 categories — Personal Growth, Financial Freedom, Health and Fitness, Business and Career, Love and Relationships, and Kids.
- We pick only the best, world-class experts (from professional and academic backgrounds) and make short video courses with them. Courses are from 1 to 4 weeks long and take only 10 minutes a day, which is likely less than the time you spend using social media. Most importantly, even the top courses will be affordable for everyone.
- You learn best when you get involved in the course itself. In addition to international experts, we have so much to learn from each other. That’s why we created the Skillex Community Forum, where you have an opportunity to share your knowledge and experience with others using the Skillex platform. Think of it as Facebook, but for lifelong learners.
- Apart from Skillex being an educational company, we build educational technology as well. We make sure that it isn’t static, but dynamic. We aim to be a platform that grows with you and that can make personalized recommendations based on its understanding of your Skillex goals.
- To us, the most important outcome is your personal development. But for those who want to show their new skills to others, we award them with course certificates signed by the expert. For this, you need to take the course, pass the review tests, and be active in the Community Forum.
SIGNING UP TO SKILLEX
How to sign up
To sign up to Skillex, please join our waiting list on the Skillex website to receive newsletters on the Skillex and our public launch timing. Also, Skillex is offering a 50% discount on your first subscription for the members who have joined the waiting list.
When will the Skillex platform will be released in public beta?
Skillex is aiming to release the learning platform in public beta version in mid-2019. If you have signed up to the waiting list of Skillex, we will let you know in advance about the dates and procedures of the platform opening.
PRICES & PAYMENTS
How much does it cost to join Skillex courses and community?
The pricing model of the all in access, community access and support is the following:
- €27 per month;
- €16 a month per 1 year subscription (saving up to 40%);
- €11 a month per 2 years subscription (saving up to 60%).
The package includes all-in-one access to Skillex, the community, and support. Please note that the subscription is available after we have launched Skillex for the public.
What payments does Skillex accept?
From the 13th of August, our goal is to accept VISA, Mastercard, Maestro, and PayPal payments. All above-mentioned prices will include VAT when applicable.
GETTING STARTED IN SKILLEX
Here are some essential tips on how to get started:
- Log in to the Skillex online platform
- Fill out your profile to introduce yourself to other community members
- Find the upcoming courses to enroll in and add these to your schedule (Skillex will remind you about the soon-to-start courses, as well) and remember that you can only be enrolled in a maximum of two courses at once
- Discover the community of Skillex and say hello to your fellow learners
- Share your course experiences with others on Skillex
- Respond incoming replies/messages, these messages are often important notifications from the community
COURSES IN SKILLEX
Where and when do courses take place?
All Skillex courses take place online in the Skillex course environment after logging in at skillex.com. Every new course will be available from the date given on the specific course page. If you have enrolled in a course, each day contains several activities built from a sequence of straightforward steps.
Why do we use enrollments for courses?
If you enroll yourself in a course, you cannot start immediately. Every course has a certain start date. When the last semester of the same course is ending, that course will be issued a new start date. By doing this, we make sure that we group those interested in the same topic, so they start together. This is the only way that our community coaches can manage daily exercises and give feedback to members. This ensures that everyone in the course is on the same page. Please note that you will not have access to tomorrow’s topics, but you can always see the past lessons.
How can I find out more about a course before it starts?
We publish descriptions of our courses that provide insight into the areas explored during the course. Where necessary, educators also provide a recommended reading list for learners to study before the course begins.
How much time does each course take on a daily basis?
The commitment for learners is to allocate ten minutes of each day to review the course video or reading content and contribute by sharing their ideas and experiences with the Skillex Community.
Do I need to be available at specific times?
The courses are split into days. Each week contains several activities, and these are made up of little tasks that you can do at a time (and pace) that best suits you.
Can I access all course at the same time?
You will be able to access up to two courses, according to your preference, at the same time. This way, you will remain focused and will keep the convenient pace while sharing your thoughts with the community forum. Once one of the two courses is completed, you can select a new course to enroll to in right away.
What if I miss lessons on certain days?
If you’re too busy to study the course material one week, don’t worry – you can catch up and complete those steps the next time you sign in.
Can I access courses after they are finished?
You can access courses that you are currently enrolled in and that have ended, regardless of the courses current status.
JOINING THE SKILLEX’S COMMUNITY
What is the Skillex community?
We have created the community for learners to use the community forum to freely ask and answer questions, to share advice, adversity, and accomplishments, and to feel connected with others during your time there.
What are the benefits of joining the Skillex community?
Skillex hopes that the community becomes a source of growth, encouragement, and joy for every student throughout every stage of their learning journey, starting from the day they first enter the Skillex learning environment to course graduation and beyond.
How to get started in the Skillex community?
We suggest you to first get started by creating and personalizing your profile. Thereafter, you will be ready to say hello to the world of Skillex. Hop into a discussion relevant to the course you are taking or choose a topic found in the general channel to discuss.
What is the course graduation process, and are there any final exams?
In order to complete the course and earn the certificate, you need to review all lessons within the course, complete the daily tasks, and submit the weekly review tests. Your personal score/result will be calculated considering:
- Your task completion percentage
- The activity in the community of Skillex (daily task completion)
What is the Skillex Certificate, and what is its value?
Skillex will award learners with Skillex Certificates, which they can share with their professional network or future employers.
What if I’m having trouble signing in?
If you’re having problems signing in to your Skillex account, there are a few things you can do to identify and fix the problem:
- First, make sure that caps lock is turned off since all passwords are case-sensitive.
- If you’re sure you’re using the right password, but you still can’t sign in, attempt to reset your password
- If you still can’t sign in, please contact our support team for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org